BFC

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble BFC

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

It looks like BFC is having problems again this morning.

At least it gives us a chance to come visit here and see what’s new on your board.

Anonymous

Is BFC like KFC? If so I prefer BFC in spite of the fact that it lacks the 7 herbs & spices that make KFC so…yummy? For me BFC is much cheaper and goes better with the house beer, also KFC is much more trendy and shows that people are much more socially mobile in developing nations if they eat KFC. For where I am BFC is fine and the vendors of BFC are cute as button……

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

ok

Jefe
      Participant

Is there a way to make it so guests can’t post and that only registered users can to avoid Mach and his pollution?

Or would it not be effective as you can simply register new email IDs each time?

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Totally possible, and I’ve just made it so.

“Guests” can view/read posts, but will have to login as a registered user to be able to post.

There’s a small risk that this action may reduce our traffic, but I think it’s unlikely, as the “guests” are normally regular users, who just forget to login.

Rob and I can review what effect this new restriction has, and remove it if necessary.

For now, Jefe, the board shall be guest-free. So start posting interesting and helpful stuff, dammit!
      :wink:

Anyone else who thinks this imposes an unacceptable constraint on their liberty, please speak up.

…Just log in first.

Pam

I probably will never have much to offer but I do visit your board at times and not only to say that BFC is not available.

The only thing that was weird about signing in is that it does not show what I am typing even for my name so it may cause a few problems. I have a short name and password and I had to try twice.

rickshaw92
      Participant

Is there a way to make it so guests can’t post and that only registered users can to avoid Mach and his pollution?

Great idea Jefe.

Totally possible, and I’ve just made it so.

Thanks Lee.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

@Pam wrote:

it does not show what I am typing even for my name so it may cause a few problems.

Yeah, I have the same problem. Not sure how to deal with that.

If you normaly access from the same PC, there’s a box you can tick that logs you in automatically each time, but you need to allow cookies for that to work.

Pam

Thanks Lee.

I have already chosen that option so I should just be able to log on without typing my name each time.

Kurt
      Participant

And for those of you keeping track:

The BFC is down again. The webhost changed the permisions on a file and I can’t edit it. I am pissed off.

So if anyone asks you, direct them here.

I am going to try to have it up tommorrow sometime.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

That might explain why yesterday afternoon (late morning in the US), over the space of a few hours, there wasn’t a single post.

I’ve never known the flag to be so quiet.

Hope you can get it sorted promptly Kurt.

P.S. I completed the .17 upgrade at Rowzed and changed the dbname and password. No sign of the hacker since.

8)

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.