ATTENTION: BEER LOVERS

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble ATTENTION: BEER LOVERS

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Jimbo
      Participant

Beer Lao now has a dark beer on the market that’s really tasty. I tried it for the first time last night….very cold and very yummy. Right now I’m in the northern part of the country close to China….If the grog stays cold I doubt I’ll return to Bangkok….because I also got a marriage proposal……

ROB
      Keymaster

@Jimbo wrote:

Beer Lao now has a dark beer on the market that’s really tasty. I tried it for the first time last night….very cold and very yummy.

Isn’t there a law against dark beer in the tropics?

Right now I’m in the northern part of the country close to China….If the grog stays cold I doubt I’ll return to Bangkok….because I also got a marriage proposal……

Who’s the lucky guy?

Stiv

Good beer, marriage proposals, it’s all starting to make sense now.

Rule of thumb. Beer Lao in bottle=good in can=bad.

~Stiv

Jimbo
      Participant

Sorry to upset you Rob, but there are no lady boyz in this neck of the woods, however there are alot of ethnic minoritties who I’m sure would like to go out on a date with you, that is if you don’t mind them chewing beetle nut…

ROB
      Keymaster

Where you at?

Maybe I’ll come and visit!

Chicks chewing beetlenut is hot! ;)

Hey, I have been getting into a great website lately – http://www.irrawaddy.org – you know that crew?

Stiv

Chicks chewing beetlenut is hot!

I wholeheartedly agree!

Jimbo
      Participant

Cool pic Stiv, I’m staying with an Akha chick now that i met on the bus yesterday traveling south. I’m helping her with English and she’s getting me opium…not a bad deal

Stiv

@Jimbo wrote:

Cool pic Stiv, I’m staying with an Akha chick now that i met on the bus yesterday traveling south. I’m helping her with English and she’s getting me opium…not a bad deal

Sounds like a good deal to me Jimbo. I guess I should have worked this babe a bit more 8) She hooked me up with some chew for about 20 baht.

That transformation of red teeth to black really does contribitue to all the makings for a looker. This mama was somewhere outside of Chaing rai.

~Stiv

rickshaw92
      Participant

ROB wrote:

Isn’t there a law against dark beer in the tropics?

Thankfuly not. Guiness is brewed in Nigera for the W African market and they produce more than the Irish and Castle has Milk Stout in Southern Africa. Good stuff too. If memory serves I think the Carlsberg brewery makes a dark beer at there brewery in Malawi but I dont remember as we got trashed for free after the tour.

Jimbo
      Participant

I always thought Guiness was popular in Africa, if I remember there were scenes in the film Blood Diamond where Leo is knocking back bottles of Guiness at a bar. I’m still knocking back the dark Beer Lao here, and before I return to Thailand I’m gonna ransack the duty free shop of all it’s dark Beer Lao, hell I might even save some for Rob so he can sample this fantastic necter of ye gods!

I’ve drunk plenty of Guinness in Africa, particularly in Nigeria and Kenya. Although similar in appearance to ‘real’ Guinness in terms of taste it’s an entirely different brew. I remember it going down well with Cassava and pepper sauce once in a local bar in the Niger Delta region. Being of partial Gaelic extraction I of course prefer the real thing and an Irish Guinness ina proper Irish pub (not O’Neills!!) can not be beat.
      Castle Milk Stout I agree is a good pint as well and better in general than African Guinness, although hard to find. On my recent trip to Zimbabwe I drank plenty of Castle but couldn’t get a Milk Stout at all.
      So Rob, a pint of cold dark can go down as well in a hot climate as in a cooler climate.

rickshaw92
      Participant

Jimbo wrote:

I always thought Guiness was popular in Africa

In W Africa the locals seem to think that by drinking lots of Guiness they will get specal sexual powers and those Africans who can affoard to drink drink a lot. All over W Africa you see adverts for Guiness ‘The Power’ Kinda funny.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.