Anyone want an Afghanistan visa?

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Anyone want an Afghanistan visa?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      kramer

Got a visa in literally one hour here in Peshawar, including filling out the form, having an “interview” with the consul-general *(Why do you want to go to Afghanistan? Tourist. Okay. Pay your money) going to the bank to deposit money and getting the stamp. Problem is, it starts from when you get it (one month validity) which means it’s not much use to me (I find out after the fact). USD30. And if someone comes up to you after, wanting to look at your passport, he isn’t trying to steal it, he is from the ISI.

NGrubeck

Yeah, apparently Afghan embassies are scarily efficient! When I got my visa in Ankara last year the procedure was exactly the same (with a slightly more detailed interview) and I’ve also heard good things about the embassy in Tehran. I just spoke to a friend in Herat so if you do go let me know and I’ll give you his contact details.

kramer

I hear Mashhad is quite good as well. I’ll e-mail you if i go. Also, does Iran have re-entry visas?

rickshaw92
      Participant

Well aint you lads lucky, I had to wait till the next day :(

NGrubeck

M.’s not bad – loads of religious action going down when I was there. No re-entry visas for Iran but no trouble getting one in Herat w/o invitation when I was there.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.