The DVM 3rd World Travel and Survival Guide

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble The DVM 3rd World Travel and Survival Guide

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

The DVM 3rd World Travel Guide is a rehash of a book I wrote back in the day called ‘The Professional Adventurers Guide to Independent Travel’ that started out just as a few handwritten pages of advice for a contractor buddy that was going on leave in Southeast Asia.

Oddly those 3 pages became popular and more folks started asking me to add more info (I left my email on the original 3 pages so eventually people I didn’t even know started asking me to add stuff).

Eventually I sat down and wrote a (poorly written) guide to 3rd World Travel (at that time mostly focused on Southeast Asia) and threw it up on a website for all to download. Over a couple of years it was only downloaded a couple of thousand times and eventually I forgot to renew the website hosting.

But even more oddly people actually remembered I wrote it and started to ask me for a copy (Facebook is a weird place). So I have rewritten and revised the original Guide (minus the guides to the Philippines, Thailand and Cambodia because those sections are way outdated now) and posted it – fo free for you folks.

I have also added some articles I wrote about 3rd World Survival and some other shit. Please feel free to add your experience to the comments – and if it is good stuff in the tradition of this guide I will add it to the main chapters.

http://www.deathvalleymag.com/thirdworldtravelguide/

~JITW

ROB
      Keymaster

Some good stuff.

But I always advise people against carrying weapons of any type unless they want to end up being sweaty Abdul’s prison bitch for the next 15 years.

@ROB wrote:

Some good stuff.

But I always advise people against carrying weapons of any type unless they want to end up being sweaty Abdul’s prison bitch for the next 15 years.

I agree – but I just threw that info in more as a “its interesting to read” and “ya never know if that info may be useful someday”

But glad you like it – if you want to add any info throw it in the comments for whatever chapter you want to add to

Thanks Bro

~JITW

rickshaw92
      Participant

Nice to see DVM back. Cheers dude.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.