Thailand Airport still shut down

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Thailand Airport still shut down

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Thailand Airport still shut down

This sucks, I was supposed to fly into Bangkok on Sunday

Now I am probably going to be forced to fly into Chiang Mai, Phuket or in the worst case Cambodia. Man, I just moved into an apartment there also, I guess I’ll just stay at my house here in Jakarta another few days wile I figure this out. And I had friggin meetings on Monday…aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

~James

Heading to Cambodia tomorrow then car to BKK

~JITW

ROB
      Keymaster

Stuck in Jakarta

Actually sounds pretty good to me, James! ;)

Could be worse – you could be stuck in Sydney. Snore.

I guess it’s all about perspective.

Anonymous

you coould be stuck in Stockholm….we are expecting more snow soon.

ROB
      Keymaster

Yeah, my heart really bleeds for you, LiveLife

Lol – good point Rob, I guess because I live here I don’t really appreciate it like I should.

~JITW

DrDave
      Participant

Luckily you have us to remind you ;)

Anonymous

ROB, my curse is that I don´t like blondes and since I served in the arctic I hate being cold or even worse wet and cold!

ROB
      Keymaster

Damn – you really lucked out. :roll:

Well, made it to Bangkok after flying on like 3 different hops all day long yesterday… Man I hope they have another coup wile I am here.

Went out to a gogo bar with a buddy that has been stuck in town on vacation, fucking annoying places I can’t stand them, nasty Issan chicks and pushy staff. It is the kings b-day today so allot of the “unsavory” bars are closed tonight so I will take him to a real Thai hiso club.

Now sitting on my penthouse balcony drinking fresh squeezed orange juice and eating a gigantic omelet one of my girleys just made me – after I finish eating I am going to fire up a Cohiba and chill for a wile. Life is sweet…

I cant even believe that I was working in a cubicle taking shit from some ass-wipe in a striped shirt like 8 years ago…

~James

DrDave
      Participant

Glad you finally made it. Enjoy.

Reading your post made me think of the movie “Wanted.” It is a fabulous commentary, in my opinion, of cubicle Hell and not living life wide open. Plus the last line of the movie is one of my all time favorites. “This is me taking back control of my life. What the fuck have you done lately?”

I am glad I have an answer.

@DrDave wrote:

Glad you finally made it. Enjoy.

Yep, made it but still no Coup – dang, I always miss the fun stuff

Anyway, I am off to gamble in Cambodia on Sunday

@DrDave wrote:

Reading your post made me think of the movie “Wanted.” It is a fabulous commentary, in my opinion, of cubicle Hell and not living life wide open. Plus the last line of the movie is one of my all time favorites. “This is me taking back control of my life. What the fuck have you done lately?”

I am glad I have an answer.

Thanks, the guy that wrote that is a poster child of leaving the rat race and traveling the world

Did you know that movie was a comic book first? And a strange one with flying superheroes and alternative dimensions, they changed it big time for the movie

~JITW

ROB
      Keymaster

@DrDave wrote:

It is a fabulous commentary, in my opinion, of cubicle Hell and not living life wide open.

Something on your mind Dave?

I have seen you repeat this general idea several times over the last few days.

DrDave
      Participant

Yeah Rob, there is something on my mind.

I have heard too many people around these parts (around where I live, not PBs) talking about how cool it is to do what I do and raining accolades on the Mrs. and me (especially since they started hearing about the mediboat). I know they mean well, but I am absolutely sick of it. I probably just have a rotten attitude that needs adjustment, but I get more and more angry everytime I hear it.

I keep telling them there is no magic, just get off your butt and go do it. I didn’t just up and start an NGO out of the blue, it started by taking a trip with someone else and paying attention to what was going on. I was as green and inexperienced as I could be, just a 16 year old kid, but over the years, everything evolved and grew and now we do what we do. The first trip was 1986, it is coming up on 23 years since that happened so it was a process. I count myself lucky that it was an out of country experience, but it could have been anything that involved stretching me a bit.

If 1% of those who said our work is a cool thing to do AND said “I would love to do something like that” would actually do SOMETHING besides/in addition to 9 to 5 job, 2.2 kids and a dog, there would be a lot more good going on in the world and a lot more people satisfied with their own existence. I don’t even care if they run to the four corners of the world, just make a difference in their own back yard. There are plenty of homeless shelters that could use volunteers in the US for crying out loud.

I had one financially stable friend justify buying a Mercedes recently because when he drove through a neighborhood with big houses and expensive cars he “just felt so poor” in his truck. I’m thinking that is the dumbest keeping up with the Joneses maneuver I’ve ever heard. If you like Mercedes and want the car and have the money, fine buy it, I don’t care. But being blinded by getting stuff that the neighbors have is, in my opinion, getting in the way of really getting to the heart of the problem. He is thinking that car, and blending in with the folks around him, will give him the satisfaction and status in life that brings happiness.

My gut is telling me that what people really want is to live a life of meaning and significance. So many, however, are unwilling or afraid to take that first step into the unknown to actually see where a life lived (not simply existed) can lead. I have been on a campaign to try to get people, in my sphere of influence, to start thinking a little bit and realize that they can have a life. Hopefully I can get a few more to take that step and break through a comfort zone or two.

…..since you asked ;)

DrDave
      Participant

Thanks, the guy that wrote that is a poster child of leaving the rat race and traveling the world.
      Did you know that movie was a comic book first? And a strange one with flying superheroes and alternative dimensions, they changed it big time for the movie

I did not know that. Now I’ll have to check the guy out, I am intrigued.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.